Database network models are used to organize data it determines the manner in which data can be stored, organized and manipulated in a database system.
Hierarchical Database Model
A hierarchical database is the oldest model of the database. We frequently find data exhibiting a hierarchical (Level or tree structure) relationship. Database system must start from the top (also called root).
- Easiest model of the database.
- More Secure because nobody can see and modify a child without consulting.
- Searching is fast and easy if the parent is known.
- Efficient in handling one too many relationships.
- It is old-fashioned.
- Modification and addition of a child without consulting the parent is impossible or very hard.
- It is nonflexible database model.4. Can’t handle many too much relationship.
- Increase data redundancy.
Network Database Model
The network database model is a network of connections between data elements are established this model overcome s the problems faced in the hierarchical model searching data from the bottom or middle.
- It is more flexible.
- Less data redundancy.
- Support many too much relation.
- It takes more space.
- More processing time.
Relational Database Model
The Relational Database model is a collection of data items is organized in the table from which data can be accessed in May a different way this model can handle many to many relationships.
- Flexible and efficiency
- Relationship many to many
- Table Diagram
- Good Management
- Less Redundancy
- Searching speed is fast
- Very complex
- Not- User-friendly
- Less Secure