HTML – Introduction, History & Syntax
So, first of all, I would like to ask a question for the first time when you heard this term HTML? If you have already heard this term then in which context?
IT(Information Technology) has become a must for organizations. Computer with internet facility is the main component of an information technology network.
The Internet is the worldwide collection of interconnected networks. (WWW-World Wide Web) is one of the most popular services that we get from the internet. The web page is a basic page of the website which is typically written in plain text using markup language such as HTML.
Different types of tags are used in HTML to present the information on the web page. Nowadays there are many types of software are available for easy and efficient design of web pages.
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a markup language which is used to create web pages. It was invented by Tim Berners-Lee in around 1989 and 1990. HTML is based on SGML which stands for “Standard Generalized Markup Language”.
What is HTML & Why is HTML?
- HTML- HyperText Markup Language.
- By using HTML you can create websites.
- This tutorial will help you to create your own websites designs and layouts.
- This is very easy to learn, HTML is the foundation of web designing.
- If you know HTML, It will help you in other versions of HTML.
- HTML is not Programming Language, But it is known as Client-Side Scripting Language.
- All thing was done by the client and get an immediate response on application programs or software.
Basic Structure of HTML:
<html> <head> <!-- Head Content --> </head> <body> <!-- Body Content --> </body> </html>
Example of HTML:
<html> <head> <title>MyFirstWeb</title> </head> <body> <h1>Hello World!</h1> </body> </html>
- See - Title Will Appear on Title Bar of Application Software.
- See - The Body Content Will Appear on Body of the Application Software.
- HTML is developed by Tim Berners-Lee It is the standard markup language used to create webpages. It’s extension is .html or .htm.
- HTML is the extended form of SGML.
- SGML stands for Standard Generalized Markup Language.
HTML – 1991 HTML+ – 1993 HTML 2.0 – 1995 HTML 3.2 – 1997 HTML 4.01 – 1999 XHTML – 2000 HTML5 – 2012
HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language. Markup Language is the set of tags. Tags are most important tags define the content of the document. The HTML document contains text and tags. After using the tags and text it will be known as Webpage.
DOCTYPE Declaration Version Wise.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">