In this article, we will discuss the thing that we might require when we functionally work in Technical Field. That is making your pen drive bootable.
Most of the time many computer users tend to experiment with the operating system and they need software for doing that.
There are still people they always look for CD or DVD to burn ISO file and make a CD or DVD bootable for changing their windows or operating system.
Here the easy way is that you can make your pen drive bootable, for that you need at least 4GB pen drive or sometimes it may be based on what operating system that you are going to install on your computer.
It’s better if you have 4GB or high size pen drive for making your pen drive bootable.
Here are the steps those are required to make a Pendrive bootable. In this particular article we are talking about the MS Dos method for making pendrive bootable.
Steps to Make Your Pen Drive Bootable using MS-DOS
- Start MSDOS in Administrative Mode.
- Now Type diskpart
- Its time you list your disks type “list disk“
- If you have already connected a Pendrive then you will see the pen drive as a Disk 1 with space. Make sure you choose the right disk otherwise you may lose your computer data during this process.
- Now here you have to “select disk 1“
- After that, you need to clean your disk “clean“
- After cleaning your disk now you have to create a partition type “create part pri“
- After successfully creating a partition now select “select part 1“
- Now you will have to format the part type “format fs=fat32 quick“
- After successfully formatting partition just type “active” to make bootable active and that’s it.
- Type exit and exit to close the MSDOS.
- Now after this process you will have to extract your ISO file or Zip file of your operating system.
Here we have shared a screenshot of the process if you get confused in above process.