- A microprocessor is a multipurpose, Programmable clock-driven, a register-based electronic device that reads binary instruction from a storage device and accepts binary data as input and process that and gives the desired output.
- A microprocessor is manufactured by using LSI and VLSI techniques.
- The microprocessor is widely used as a re-programmable system and embedded systems.
- The microprocessor is used in microcomputer and microprocessor is used for computing and data processing.
- In simple terms, Microcomputers are also known as Microcontrollers.
- Microcontrollers are used to perform some dedicated functions or as slaves in a distributed processing system.
- Generally, they include all the essential elements of a computer on a single chip. MPU, R/W memory, ROM and I/O Lines.