Pros and Cons of Using Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the digital marketing technique that improves customer engagement.
SEO is known as search engine optimization, which helps to improve the visibility of our website on Google. It’s one of the digital marketing strategies that focus on website presence in different search engines. It majorly focuses and content writing and presence building.
Along with that, there are so many other techniques that can be implemented such are On-Page SEO, Technical SEO, and Off-Site SEO.
These all have their own different methods and technique for improvisation.
Advantages of SEO
- It’s easy to implement if you have expertise. If not it’s very easy to learn and implement it on the website.
- It will help you drive more traffic to your website or pages organically.
- It’s the organic medium so it won’t cost you for driving traffic. You just have to analyze the website and find issues and implement them to make it better.
- SEO pushes you to improve your website every time because every year it gets over 600+ updates and it focuses on making your website relevant.
- SEO plays a major role in higher conversion, as compared to other techniques because it will drive more users organically, so you will get a better chance of a conversion.
- PR management can be done through SEO, so some of the techniques like press releases, backlink generation, and guest blogging will be very effective to make it more impactful.
- SEO will be reviewed and analyzed with the help of tools that collect data from the website. So it will be very easy to make the basis of the decision of data and reporting.
- If you are looking for a long-term strategy, this will be the best way to go through. If you have patience just follow it and it will work for you in the long time frame.
Disadvantages of SEO
- SEO is very time-consuming, you have to wait for some time to expect your results. If you don’t have patience then you should move on to the different strategies to build your brand.
- No guarantees. Sometimes your applied techniques might not work.
- SEO has so much competition in the market.
- There are some techniques that might harm your website. (Black Hat).
- The difficulty of competitive keyword ranking.
- Algorithms changes so frequently.