PHP is a server-side scripting language that allows your website to be dynamic. As you know PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It has the recursive acronym “PHP” sometimes it may confuse.
It is the flexible scripting language to makes the website dynamic. PHP is specially used in web development, PHP can be embedded into HTML.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>My First Example</title> </head> <body>
<?php echo "Hello World! 2015 - 2072 - Happy New Year - NEPAL"; ?> </body> </html>
Today PHP is most popular in the business sector. There every established organization needs a website but they don’t need a static webpage, they need one that is changeable or is simply called dynamic.
PHP is one of the best scripting languages to make a website dynamic or changeable.
Follow Steps to Install PHP,
- Go to the PHP website www.php.net
- Now click on the download page link to download the PHP. Now there you will find new updated versions of PHP and old stable versions of PHP. It is better to download a new and current updated version of PHP.
- Now here click on Windows Download link there you will find PHP .zip packages for windows. Now there you can choose any mirror to download PHP and wait for minutes to download .zip file.
- Once the .zip file is downloaded now extract that zip file to C: Drive location like this C: PHP. Now run the php.ini file. by default PHP installation provides two copies of the file with common configuration values php.ini-dist and php.ini-recommended. Rename the configuration file of your choice to php.ini. The php.ini-dist file is used for development purposes while php.ini-recommended has additional security.
- Now get the system properties window. Right-click on the Computer and go for properties. Then after go for Advance System Setting. Now select the advanced tab and click the environment variable button. Add the directory in which you extracted PHP to your system’s path and save the setting.