Here are some advantages of database and disadvantages of database. A database management system is a collection of interrelated data and a set of programs to access those data. It is a software system that manages data stored in the database.
It provides an effective method of defining, storing, and retrieving the information contained in the database. (the primary goal of a DBMS is to provide an environment that is both convenient and efficient to use in retrieving and storing database information.
It provides users with the information that they required. Some examples of DBMS packages are dBASE, FoxPro, FoxBase, Oracle, Ms-Access, etc…
Advantages of Database
- Make an easy to add new data. Modify the database and delete existing data.
- Organize the data in a proper sequence.
- Eliminates redundancy of data.
- Easy queries of data in the database – save the user time.
- Allows multiple users to be active at one time (data in the database may be shared among several users).
- Protecting data against unauthorized access.
- Allows the growth of the database system.
Disadvantages of Database
- Cost of purchasing of developing software
- Chances of losing data
- Chances of data leakage and hacking.
- Cost of sharing data.
- Required trained manpower.
- Cost of maintenance of software.