What is Server Side Scripting?
Server-side scripting is a technique used in web development that involves employing scripts on a web server that produces a response customized for each user’s request to the website.
A script that is interpreted by the webserver is called a server-side script. A server-side script is an instruction set that is processed by the server, and which generates HTML.
The resulting HTML is sent as a part of the HTTP response to the browser.
- Allows running programs in programming languages that aren’t supported by the browser.
- Enables you to program dynamic web applications browser- independently,
- Client-side programming features such as Java applets, Dynamic Html, and ActiveX controls, all of which are
- Can provide the client (browser) with data that does not reside at the client.
- Provides improved security measures, since you can write code that can never be viewed from the browser.
- Increases the workload of the server.